Monday, October 12, 2009

Vegetable Soup tonight

with some steak added. Well, if you love the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" as much as I do, then your favorite line of the movie was Tulla's claim that "He is a Vegetarian" so, Auntie says... "OK, he can eat lamb, no problem",---how do you get out of that? Now, you would love my husband's recipe for Vegetable Soup, which he can't remember when I ask him (so he says) , so, I can't tell you. But, it's a recipe that starts with the honest intention of being completely vegetarian--incorporating carrots, celery, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, peas, corn, lima beans. Obviously, we got off-track when the (gently simmered, excess fat removed, and delicately seasoned) broth from the left-over steakbone was added to the soup...Vegetarian was sooo a moment ago, now, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment