Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Right Turn...Mazatlan, Mexico

I'll come clean. It took me a long time to muster the courage to commit to writing a blog. I've watched, lurked, commented on my dear friend Ann at Forest Street Kitchen. I admired her for doing her dream. Yet I felt a tug each time I read her blog or those she recommended. I could do that. I wanted to do that, or something like it. It took seeing the movie Julie and Julia to realize that the whole "tugging"* was really about writing a diary. Of course, it's public, but that's actually a great ground-rule--it makes you think first and proof-read--so you can live with yourself after you hit the "there's no return SUBMIT" button. *puh-leez!

Right Turn, Mazatlan Mexico--I was looking through my photo library and picked this picture we took at Olas Altas Playa in Centro, Mazatlan Mexico. We've been to Mazatlan several times and to this day, I can't tell you how this city in Mexico, surrounded and overshadowed by so many other far more famous cities happened to capture our attention and hearts. I wish I could really figure it out, but, as it happens, we invested ourselves and bought a sweet little house in Old Mazatlan. I will tell you all right now--Mexico is a wonderful, friendly, beautiful, enormous, mysterious and extremely afforable country and neighbor. More to come....(I'll keep you hangin' on)


2 comments:

  1. Well of course you can do it - so far so good. :) I love the header pic, and the Old Mazatlan pic, and you could write about, oh, life and food and traditions in Mexico every day forever and I'd keep reading. So don't keep us hanging on too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, the header picture is of Limantour Beach in Point Reyes, just North of here in Marin County and is our favorite beach in California. We love it. Thanks for your comment. I intend to keep it going. Thanks

    ReplyDelete